Monday, November 30, 2009

Grandma's funeral was very nice. When we got to her house in Deming I saw my handprint in the concrete. This occurred when I was only 3 years ago. To me this summed up how I was feeling- part of me will always be in Deming. I couldnt help but get a little emotional because I have the best of memories playing with my cousins and seeing grandpa and grandma.
I took Rachel to a few of the places around grandma's house were I would play. We went where grandpa kept a peacock. We walked by the shed where grandpas workers would sleep and where my cousins and I would play house. I even took her to Maria Dr. The street named after my grandma (by my grandpa who loved her) in the middle of my grandpas trailer park (which is also named MAIZ trailer park- Maria A. I. Zuniga).

2 comments:

The Jorgensens said...

Nick, I am so so so very sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to the two of you. Please let us know if we can do anything for you. Liz

The Jorgensens said...

Nick, my heart goes out to you. I am so so so very sorry for your loss. Please let us know if we can do anything for the two of you. Liz